I didn’t know my husband could cook when we first started dating. I found out he was a true chef when I came home one day and he had made super fancy chicken parmesan from scratch I was like WHOA! So we were talking the other day about what our favorite food of all time is and he said his was fried shrimp and I was like you know what? If I could only eat one food every day for the rest of my life it would be that Dada spaghetti! He makes the best spaghetti meat sauce I’ve ever tasted and it’s surprisingly simple. He put a little spin on the way my mom makes spaghetti so it’s like tasting a little piece of home.
He starts by sauteing one chopped onion in butter until the onion is transparent. While that is cooking he puts sliced mushrooms in a pan with more butter and garlic. He chops serrano peppers and adds them in with the onion.
He cooks the ground beef in the pan with the onions. Once the meat is cooked he adds two jars of garden combination marinara sauce. He also adds the mushrooms and garlic in with the same pan as the meat and sauce
Now everything for the sauce is combined in one pan. Add some cilantro at the very end (not parsley, never parsley). Boil your noodles and that’s it!
This recipe is Lionel approved!
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 package sliced portabella mushrooms
- 2 serrano peppers (not optional)
- 2 jars garden combination marinara sauce
- 2 tbs cilantro chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package spaghetti noodles
- Heat 1 tbs butter in a large skillet on medium heat and add onions. While that is cooking heat the remaining tbs of butter in another skillet and add the mushrooms and garlic
- When the onions are transparent add the serrano peppers and ground beef. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Once the meat is cooked combine the mushrooms/garlic with the onions/meat and add the 2 jars of sauce. Once the sauce is simmering add remove the pan from heat and sprinkle the cilantro