Even if I wasn’t a busy Mama I would still make this because it’s delicious. I’ve been on a spinach kick lately because I really enjoy some cooked spinach. All you need is butter, eggs, spinach, tomato and onion. Oh and whatever seasoning you like with your eggs. Most of the time I prefer simple salt and pepper on my eggs but sometimes I do a different flavor like the Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel.
Scrambled Eggs with spinach and Tomato
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 onion finely diced
- 1/2 tomato or a few cherry tomatoes diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in skillet on medium-low heat and add onion
- While onions are browning whisk two eggs with salt and pepper
- Add eggs to the skillet
- Once the eggs have started to cook a bit add the spinach. It will cook down very quickly
- Once the eggs are fully cooked put them on a plate and top with fresh tomato
Love this basic breakfast recipe, from start to finish it is less than a 10 minute process. Enjoy!